I’d like to tell you a quick story before I get going.
When I was in my ending season of baseball at college, I took a few trips down to USC to be mentored from a famous pitching coach to help me with my pitching mechanics. It was a hot summer day and we were on the mound throwing a practice bullpen. Not a word was spoken for approximately 50 pitches when he ultimately said to me the following.
“10% of the time you will truly be something incredible. 10% of the time you’re going to suck worse than conceivable. 80% of the time you are going to be just average. The champions are made in that 80%. ”
This story has lots to do with happiness believe it to be true or not. In fact, it has everything to do with almost every single day you wake up.
80% of those days you are going to feel just average.
That’s right. Average. Nothing great about the day. Honestly, just another “nothing special” average day. For many that is a crappy realization about life. Nonetheless for those in the loop, it’s pretty exciting.
The direction of your day is up to you. You can waste it by going in the negative direction or create something great by thinking positive. It’s all down to you.
Keeping that story under consideration, I created these 7 tips on how to be happy.
1. Decide each morning that you are in a good mood: Seriously though. Affirm yourself. Play music. Do things that you like. Focus upon your ambitions and set the tone for the remainder of the day. Every single morning I do something that makes me incredibly satisfied and revved up for the day.
2. Write out your goals: The first 30 minutes of your day are known to be “The Golden 30.” Use that time cleverly. Hear positive messages. Inspire yourself. Write out those goals and visualise yourself achieving them. You are basically giving your body the go ahead nod by getting your consciousness in the right state.
3. Work on your complaints: Take a bit of paper and do the following. On the left hand side of the sheet write out everything that you have grouses about in life. Trust me, if you’re truly listening you’ll have a ton. Then, draw arrows from the left hand side of the paper to the right and then write your possible answers to the list of complaints. If you don’t need to solve them then you have to allow them to go. Holding onto big complaints is pretty much the kryptonite for a person who is seeking to cultivate happiness in their life.
4. Get into action: You know all those things you’ve always wished to do but haven’t because you didn’t think you had it or were either too fearful or lazy? Get into action. Begin to do them. Take step 1. That will give you some momentum and then you can take that and tackle the larger hindrances. There’s no feeling like accomplishing goals. So go for it.
5. Appreciate the great people in your life: Tell the people around you that you care or love them and then authentically explain to them why. Tell them why they really are vital to you and why it is you’re truly lucky to have them in your life.
6. 2 blessed 2 be stressed: Most of the stuff you worry about doesn’t ever really happen anyhow. Theres a well-known old phrase that says worrying is like attempting to decipher a mathematics equation by chewing bubble gum. That sometimes doesn’t work out so well. Decide that you will truly be happy and also make the decision that the obstacles in front of you are a possibility for you to show just how badly you desire something.
7. Make no your vitamin: This is proving to be one of my favorite lines from the inspirational speaker Les Brown. You have to be willing to go through a whole lot of “no’s” to finally get to a yes. Yes, lives in the land of no. Don’t give up!
We all have a chance to build happiness into our lives, but we have to do the work to get there first. Take these 7 tips on happiness into account when looking at your day.